Our cutting edge is so old fashioned.
We love our Dinner at the Square series, but try as we might, an intimate dinner with 150 of your closest friends isn’t the best way to build across-the-aisle relationships. Back in the day when kitchens were maybe a wee bit more full of pies that look like this one (that didn’t come from Publix), we gathered more often with friends casually. And nobody paid much attention to which party you were a member of.
Thing is, from the perspective of the civic health of our communities, we think it’s high time to bring back that small nonpartisan gathering. We think it’s so important that if you start one, we’ll buy pizza for the first gathering and will deliver it ourselves. (This is a limited time offer and lasts until we’re doing it so often that we may as well quit our day job and deliver pizza full time.)
All you have to do:
- Pick the group of friends you’d like to invite. We suggest 10-15 maximum. Make sure they are politically diverse. Couples who don’t see things eye-to-eye on policy matters are a good choice as they tend to hold the group together nicely (they’re used to still liking someone they disagree with). Consider picking a few people who you think will particularly like each other, and/or a few who have existing relationships. They become the core to build on.
- Set a duration and frequency of your dinners. We suggest monthly, say the first Sunday, for 6 months or so.
- Choose a topic. It might be state political issues, health care, global warming, current events, whatever you imagine.
- Submit a Supper Club registration form. We’ll help you make the invitations, manage the event and we’ll give you cool opportunities to highlight your group.
- Get a commitment from the attendees. The Supper Club will work best if everyone is game – illness and normal parental emergencies notwithstanding – to hang for the duration.
Get more info OR let us know you’d like to host a Sunday Night Supper Clubs by emailing us at email@example.com.
Outside of Tallahassee and want to start a Sunday Night Supper Club? No sweat! Just let us know by registering HERE. (although we may not be able to deliver the pizza.)